Good ole Sunday

Wow, what a great day! Dan and I had a great time in our Sunday School today. I am so excited to see the kind of men and women God is growing this bunch of young adults into. They are pretty great in my book. We had a pretty powerful discussion today about God being just, slow to anger and abounding in love and what that all looks like. Then the service was exactly what Dan and I had been praying for the young men in the Sunday School. It's been a personal burden of mine to be counter cultural as far as what this culture tells men their worth is. I really want to counteract what Hollywood says about the roles of men and women. I am excited to see how that will play out in areas of ministry as well as in my own marriage. One area that I struggle with that I know a lot of women who also struggle with is my tone of voice. Men need to feel respected as woman need to feel loved. I know some times my tone does not show respect but condescension and tells Dan I don't submit to his authority with humility and love but begrudgingly. I don't like that I do that so my prayer is to combat that. It's so easy to be snappish off the cuff than to hold my tongue. Dan and I had a talk about this at Barnes & Nobles the other day. I just bought the book, For Women Only which my church recently did a Bible study on but I couldn't attend. It is proving to be an enlightening book.
I am so excited to be starting work tomorrow. It will be a new experience for me as I do not have a lot of experience in the area of fund raising and that is what I will be doing primarily. It should be rather exciting. Thank you all for your prayers. I can really feel them in my life. Dan and I will be waiting for a while for where he will work and what he will do. It is exciting to look forward to but I know Satan can turn that into anxiousness. He's a cunning little bugger. I am continuing to pray for you all. There seems to always be something doesn't it? Moving, job changes, family shifts, new members into the family, losing members in the family, new stages in life that bring new responsibility. I'm beginning to think that life is one big roller coaster and we all better just hang on because there is no "When things get back to normal." I don't suppose though I would want it any other way. I'm loving the ride.
I am so excited to be starting work tomorrow. It will be a new experience for me as I do not have a lot of experience in the area of fund raising and that is what I will be doing primarily. It should be rather exciting. Thank you all for your prayers. I can really feel them in my life. Dan and I will be waiting for a while for where he will work and what he will do. It is exciting to look forward to but I know Satan can turn that into anxiousness. He's a cunning little bugger. I am continuing to pray for you all. There seems to always be something doesn't it? Moving, job changes, family shifts, new members into the family, losing members in the family, new stages in life that bring new responsibility. I'm beginning to think that life is one big roller coaster and we all better just hang on because there is no "When things get back to normal." I don't suppose though I would want it any other way. I'm loving the ride.
Comments
I just thought I would stop by and say HEY:)
You are about my age, let me guess you were born in NOV?
Mine B-day is the 11th. :)
Anyways, Hey from FL!
Angie
Has Dan checked Boisejobs.com or something like that. They have job listings. He can look at the Idaho Statesman, or men .com
I love you!
That is just like Satan to try to bring anxiety!
I gotta tell you, I dreamed last night about my mom talking to my Pastor's wife about me on the phone.
My mom isnt positive, never has been, and normally, it would have scared me to death that she was talking to her(she doesn't even hardly know her or attend my church), and you know what, even in my dreams I was able to have victory and say to God, " Lord, I know that Satan can't get me with that insecurity anymore, that person knows me."
I always had a problem with being secure with how I felt about myself; been a hurt a few times to know.
But usually your parents have good to say about you, but mine, I don't think ever think were shown it so I don't expect them to act it right.
Anyways, thanks for your comments, the LPM blog is a wonderful place, we get to know so many people, and where we feel the most disconnected, we find we are very connected.
Be Blessed:)
Angie
We lead young adults too in our church and I did social work before I had my children. It was neat to read this. Thanks!
God bless!
Angela