Standing Firm

In the news recently we hear a lot about dog fighting since a professional football player was caught supporting the illegal - inhumane sport at his home. I have heard since the news broke that their is a senator and now several influential people who are working to make dog fighting a felony.

While I think dog fighting is a horrific thing for humans to do (after all, God specifically put Adam in charge of taking care of the animals) it is not lost on me that we have influential people and senators working on this issue while rape is not a felony, a recent baby killer served less time for beating the toddler to death than he did for a drug charge and killing babies yet in the womb is legal. It was only with in the last year that a girl shot herself in the stomach only a few weeks from her due date because she changed her mind about wanting the baby. The baby died of course and the mom was simply released from the hospital upon recovery. The argument that babies are just fetuses until they are born is more stupid than you can imagine. Don't be swayed by all that fetus vs. baby talk. Fetus is the Latin word for "Little One".

I am reminded through all of this that I need to pray now more than ever not only for those I know, but those I do not; our countries leaders, influential people, and the rest of us who are influenced by their choices. I have not forgotten that our battle is not against flesh and blood but against Satan and his army (Eph. 6). I will pray with out ceasing against the enemy who continues to plant lies in the mind's of people. Don't get me wrong though, I am still no matter what going to do what I can. I will continue giving of time and money to help the woman make the right choice for the babies they carry and when they do abort their baby, I will be their too with open arms to love them and support them as they realize what they were deceived into doing.

God handed Jericho over to the Isrealites before they even marched to make the walls fall. God has already handed Satan over to hell. He is already defeated. Any time that he decides to plant a thought in my head judging another person I will thank God for the thought because I will know what to pray for specifically and I will thank and praise God because I have been guilty or am guilty of the exact same thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My second greatest creation!

DIY Day a bracelet and another Frenchh Memo Board

A New Side Table Arrangement and Jewelery Give Away