My Jesus Encounter
I woke early this morning despite it being a Saturday. I curled up on the couch for some time with my Abba (Hebrew for Daddy, i.e. God). I read in Jesus, 90 Days With the One and Only about Jesus going to teach in the synagogues or temples and healing all along the way. He did so because He could and how great is that that nothing could and can stop Jesus from doing what ever He wants because what He wants is consistent with who He is. He loves us and He loves His Father. Nothing can stop Him from acting on that. He also did not let the healing and the favor of the people distract Him from teaching and spreading the Good News of coming salvation and grace.
This reminded me that as I have prayed specifically for this job I now have, working with people who do not know or believe in Jesus Christ, I can easily get distracted by job success and favor from my co-workers or the opposite of both. I desire very much for them to see that I accept them just the way they are where they are but I genuinely want better for their lives. When they can accept that I am sincere and honest in this as God's ambassador then they can begin to hope and believe that God is the source of my genuine love and hope for them because it is His love and hope that is in me. I could easily stop at them seeing I genuinely care for them and not reveal to them that it is not me but Jesus in me. I prayed that this morning and then chose to read some of Matthew. What I found was Matthew 10, Jesus commands to His disciples as He prepared to send them out. I know that this was a reading prompted by His Holy Spirit directly. I encourage you to read it because we all have our fields we are tending as God's children. We are His ambassadors sent out to represent Him to this land that does not know Him. I pray that God speaking to me this morning encourages you and just maybe is speaking through my words to you right now.
With love.
This reminded me that as I have prayed specifically for this job I now have, working with people who do not know or believe in Jesus Christ, I can easily get distracted by job success and favor from my co-workers or the opposite of both. I desire very much for them to see that I accept them just the way they are where they are but I genuinely want better for their lives. When they can accept that I am sincere and honest in this as God's ambassador then they can begin to hope and believe that God is the source of my genuine love and hope for them because it is His love and hope that is in me. I could easily stop at them seeing I genuinely care for them and not reveal to them that it is not me but Jesus in me. I prayed that this morning and then chose to read some of Matthew. What I found was Matthew 10, Jesus commands to His disciples as He prepared to send them out. I know that this was a reading prompted by His Holy Spirit directly. I encourage you to read it because we all have our fields we are tending as God's children. We are His ambassadors sent out to represent Him to this land that does not know Him. I pray that God speaking to me this morning encourages you and just maybe is speaking through my words to you right now.
With love.
Comments