6 weeks and two days today.
Finally I'm blogging about it. Dan and I went to the doctor yesterday and got to see our six week old baby and his or her beautiful heart beat. The baby still resembles a lizard but man that heart beat was an awesome sight.
Dan and I found out exactly two weeks after Christmas that God gave us this wonderful little Christmas present. I had taken a test Saturday morning and though it was negative, Dan still wouldn't let me go rake leaves in the yards with him. I stayed in side and painted (perfectly safe at that point with a well ventilated room). Then on Tuesday morning since my period hadn't started and I wanted to finish raking the leaves, I took another test and there it was the little digital sign said pregnant. The only indicator I had that I was pregnant was that I kept forgetting my purse everywhere. My memory was the first thing to go, a little known problem known as pregnancy brain. It's a good thing we have good insurance on the house because I can never remember to turn the stove off either. Dan's a little concerned about that.
Well, not morning sickness. That is a major plus. I have no food aversions or cravings. I eat Malt-O-Meal every morning for breakfast so that is about all that is different from my normal eating. I had switched to wild salmon since farm raised is high in mercury and no more soft cheeses, dairy meets, caffeine, etc.
If you want to keep up with where I am at, the Babycenter.com has weekly blow by blow on what is happening and what the baby looks like. So far it looks more like a lizard in utero than anything. In the next couple of weeks we sill start getting arms, legs, hands, and feet and the tail will disappear. Our next appointment will be February 29.
In other news. I am really enjoying my job. I like the people I work with quite a bit. They all seems really nice. It feels good to be contributing to our financial well being. Hopefully I can hire two people this week and thus contribute a little more. :) It is exciting to be apart of starting this new division at work. I just hope I can really build it up with solid people. I am still getting better everyday at the interviewing aspects. It also tend towards being too nice which I need to work on. Being serious and all business makes me tired though. I rather just be nice, but that isn't going to get the job done. I don't think I get taken as seriously.
That is it for now. I will start keeping you all updated on the belly news.
Dan and I found out exactly two weeks after Christmas that God gave us this wonderful little Christmas present. I had taken a test Saturday morning and though it was negative, Dan still wouldn't let me go rake leaves in the yards with him. I stayed in side and painted (perfectly safe at that point with a well ventilated room). Then on Tuesday morning since my period hadn't started and I wanted to finish raking the leaves, I took another test and there it was the little digital sign said pregnant. The only indicator I had that I was pregnant was that I kept forgetting my purse everywhere. My memory was the first thing to go, a little known problem known as pregnancy brain. It's a good thing we have good insurance on the house because I can never remember to turn the stove off either. Dan's a little concerned about that.
Well, not morning sickness. That is a major plus. I have no food aversions or cravings. I eat Malt-O-Meal every morning for breakfast so that is about all that is different from my normal eating. I had switched to wild salmon since farm raised is high in mercury and no more soft cheeses, dairy meets, caffeine, etc.
If you want to keep up with where I am at, the Babycenter.com has weekly blow by blow on what is happening and what the baby looks like. So far it looks more like a lizard in utero than anything. In the next couple of weeks we sill start getting arms, legs, hands, and feet and the tail will disappear. Our next appointment will be February 29.
In other news. I am really enjoying my job. I like the people I work with quite a bit. They all seems really nice. It feels good to be contributing to our financial well being. Hopefully I can hire two people this week and thus contribute a little more. :) It is exciting to be apart of starting this new division at work. I just hope I can really build it up with solid people. I am still getting better everyday at the interviewing aspects. It also tend towards being too nice which I need to work on. Being serious and all business makes me tired though. I rather just be nice, but that isn't going to get the job done. I don't think I get taken as seriously.
That is it for now. I will start keeping you all updated on the belly news.
Comments
On being nice, I'm bad at that too. I need to be business like at work, but I can't. I need to work on it though.