Sweet Diversion
As of late, my mind has been unstoppable. It is normal for my mind to be in a constant 100mph rush but this last week it was wearing me thin. Friday I came home and decided to rake the last of the leaves in the front flower bed. As I raked the most wonderful thing happened, my mind stopped it's million mile an hour rush in every direction pace and the only things I had on my mind were leaves. It was heavenly. I felt much more relaxed. So yesterday Dan and I put new mulch in the floor beds, planted the last of the bulbs (hopefully they will come up next year) and filled all my flower pots with pansies and snapdragons. I also planted to rose bushes I received recently from my sister, Michelle and my friends, Erin. The yard looks absolutely beautiful. Well, the flower beds and pots, the grass is still a nice golden wheat color of dead but that will soon change. This has been a very nice weekend. I am excited to have this outlet to help me relax especially with a job that my brain has to be so "on" all the time. I receive about 130 resumes to go over every week and you would be surprised how easily I breeze right through them. I worked out a system this past week to help me maximize my resources. I am so thankful to be in a position where I can provide not just a job but a career for others. I get to talk to and meet such a diverse group of people.
Comments
I have the diversion of homework over the weekend. I'd rather play, but for now, it will help me teach F how to read. :)