My "What were they thinking?"question.

This week I will be at 11 weeks. I am finally out of the tired always queezy stage. That is room for celebration. I do have one question though. Why in the world do the prenatal vitamins have to be so darn big?! I, not unlike every other pregnant woman, have a very sensitive gag reflex. I have now tried about four or five different prenatal vitamins and they either taste unbearable and/or are almost to big for me to swallow. I take my pills right at bedtime and its always a battle. Calcium pills are also huge in case you didn't know. I found one prenatal vitamin that is both small and tasteless, but it is a prescription which means its around forty dollars a month. If any body knows of a good prenatal vitamin, let me know. I'm next going to try the Target brand because I heard good things about them. I also take my pills with yogurt or pudding. That helps some of the time. Thank you for letting me rant. :)

Comments

If the Target one doesn't work, them you might just have to try the prescription one. Don't have you have prescription coverage? If not, ask your doctor if it is okay to take children's vitamens. One of my friends had trouble taking prenates and her dr told her to take children's viatmens. There is also liquid centrum. It probably doesn't taste too good, but it is better than nothing.
Anonymous said…
One prenate equals 3 flinstones and 2 tums. That's what I took! I will email you Gavin's bday pic. Can you believe he turned 2 today!

Julie
Anonymous said…
You can always crush them up and mix them in pudding, yogurt or orange juice. You may have to pick up a morter and pistel though. If you need one, let me know. I will try to find you one online.

Love you,

Theresa
Anonymous said…
You can buy a pill cutter (not expensive) and cut the pills in half and take them.

Popular posts from this blog

My second greatest creation!

DIY Day a bracelet and another Frenchh Memo Board

A New Side Table Arrangement and Jewelery Give Away