The good, the bad, and the down right precious.

I am currently going through the Breaking Free Bible Study by Beth Moore with the ladies at my church. It has been such a delight and a blessing to me as I have facilitated these times together and prayed through out the week for their relationship with God and all of the blessings He desires to bring into their lives and the baggage He wants to take out.
Well this week is a about generational sin. I have a very analytical (which turns into the critical quickly) brain so I can tell you I've already thought about the generational sin in my family. I can tell you what I haven't done though and that is go to the cross with it or seek out the Holy Spirit to see it from God's perspective. I just continued to judge and reject. I am so thankful for these last two days of lessons and am looking forward to the next three days of lessons. I am so excited to have a new perspective, God's perspective. God has revealed to me to continue bringing this to Him and let Him take care of it all. I am to just continue praising Him, remembering He is always ready willing and able. What an awesome God. So as I praised God, He revealed some of the awesome generational blessings. For one, my siblings and I are all very passionate about what we believe and very stubborn. I choose to see the stubborn as a good thing. :) We often disagree with each other, but we also love each other and forgive each other and I think that after all I've observed in my work along side social services and the like, that is a big big deal.
Now the one that just tickled me the most was when I looked back and realized that there is a major generational appreciation for a good lookin' home. I can honestly say that each of us, siblings, parents, grandparents have a well decorated home and a very nice front yard or entry way. That just made me all warm and fuzzy inside. No matter how far away I am from those I love so much or how different we are in our beliefs, we all have put effort into making our houses homes, welcoming homes. That is just plain cool.
Comments