A few good news articles

I read some good articles in the news this morning and thought I would post them to share with you.
President Barack Obama has a brother named George in Kenya. George Obama has been arrested on drug charges. I'm just thinking that regardless of whether he really had drugs or not, corrupt police, government officials and other bad people may attempt to manipulate Obama through his brother. I hope that there are measures to keep him safe because I wouldn't be surprised to hear that some group has taken him hostage to attempt to gain control over Obama.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Burmingham England has decided to take the apostraphes out of street signs. Apperently the officials believe they are to confusing. One councile member, Martin Mullaney is quoted as saying, "...they confuse people. If I want to go to a restaurant, I don't want to have an A-level (high school diploma) in English to find it." Um, yeah, thats a counci member. Sounds like someone needs to go back to high school. What is next? Are we going to elliminate words from signs all together and replace them with pictures so those who can't read won't get confused? Seriously?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On a lighter note, here are two articles with good beauty tips for fixes and quick fixes. There is one from MSN and Good Housekeeping and one from Yahoo and Cosmo this morning that looked helpful. What I wouldn't give for a product that really does reduce stretch marks. On the topic of bad dye jobs, I once went in to a hair stylist to get my hair dyed one shade darker blond which isn't much because I'm pretty blond and ended up auburn. I chose to embrace that and actually enjoyed the experience. Unfortunatly I wasn't smart enough to go to another person to get it colored back to blond. Now that was a nightmare.
Comments