Gentlease, Soy, Sensitive, fruit or no fruit, baby acid reflux medicin? I'm so lost!

This is my Grandma, Marilyn TenHulzen with Sarah and me (That tree behind me looks like its my hat...cool). My grandma is a wonderful strong woman who's life has given me great encouragement and support over the years.


As for this post's title, I just don't know what the right answer is. For now, Sarah has chosen the Gentlease over Soy refusing to drink the Soy. I could try Similac Sensitive but would it really make a difference, especially if the Gentlease makes her spit up so much and so screechy at feeding times when we have to burp her? I hear they are basically the same thing. I bought the baby pear food but haven't given it to her yet. She's okay for now accept I can tell eating makes her a little uncomfortable. The dr. said its the pressure of the food in her belly, a belly that isn't working quite right to start with. She is either super spittie or really stopped up. Poor girl.

She is still sleeping really well though so that is good. She eats at 7am then goes back to sleep until 10am and stays awake until about 1am - 2am and sleep for about an hour and a half and then goes to bed after her 7pm bottle. No matter when she ate last she always gets a 7pm bottle. She demands it. Then she sleeps and starts all over again at 7am. So I guess she is ok. I'm really trying not to worry, but its not that easy.

We kind of sort of got an offer on the house. Well, its an offer for a contingent contract as in they will buy it when their house sells. That wouldn't be to bad but their house has three things going for it. Its a split level which is the hardest house to sell. Kitchens and master baths sell houses. Their house has a gully kitch and not master bath at all. They just had a baby and the split level isn't so good for little toddling babies. So, I really hope their house sells soon so they can have ours because they wouldn't even have to decorate a nursery. Its all ready for them. I really just want their house to sell so ours will. Selfish I know, but seriously want to move and be done with this. Its a bit on the stressful side, like a lot on the stressful side. Trying to keep it all in perspective though so Sarah and I are going to go to a very big garden nursery to look around 'cause its soothing and I think it will be fun... and to get some anti cat stuff for our flower beds and yard because the front flower beds smell like kitty litter boxes and the new tomb cat stunk up our deck with his need to mark it as his.

Comments

April said…
I don't know if this is bad advice or good for you, so just take it with a grain of salt...
You don't have to give Sarah any baby food until six months. A lot of people do it earlier so their babies tummies are fuller and they sleep better, but Sarah seems as though she sleeps fine.
Apart from that, some babies tummies take longer to mature and food to early can make a baby spit up and have constipation. Plain rice cereal is a good start because it is gentle on babies tummy. Some fruit can be too acidic and hurt tummies.
As for the formula, both of my girls spit up a lot. I know with Hannalee I switched her formula to everything under the sun, but then got some good advice. You have to be consistent with a formula to see if it really works, if you keep changing it could be upsetting her tummy because she hasn't gotten used to it. I kept Hannalee on the same formula for a month and things worked out, and it was regular, nothing special formula. The other thing is if you overfeed the baby they will automatically spit up what they can't handle. Some spit up is inevitable though as that is what babies do.
The third thing is to be calm and know that all first time mommies go through this anxiety, but I promise it will pass. But I would lay off on all solid food until 6 months or later. I hope that helps you.
Katie said…
Thanks April. I am not sure I want to feed Sarah fruit anyway. The dr. said the rice cereal and veggies might make her more constipated than she already is (which is the main problem). She may have some lactose, dairy issues like I did. I guess what I need to do is just relax. We all have stomach issues from time to time so why wouldn't a growing baby I suppose.
Yeah on the house! That is awesome. I hope their house sells. What does you realtor say about that?

As for the baby stuff, I would just keep up with the formula she likes. There are baby exercises to help her with her constipation. Mostly movement of her legs and such. As for the reflux, the girls spit up a lot too, and they were breastfed. So I wouldn't worry about that.

And I would wait for the baby food until six months. It is too early for baby food.

I hope this helps. I love you! I miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

My second greatest creation!

DIY Day a bracelet and another Frenchh Memo Board

A New Side Table Arrangement and Jewelery Give Away