Reading and automatic committee leaders

Father's Day was great around here. Dan read a story Bible to Sarah given to her by her cousin Brittany and aunt Ronnie. I tried to get a picture of Sarah holding the book too but she stopped holding it as soon as the camera came around. Isn't that how it goes? :) They were cute to watch none the less. Sarah was doing a pretty good job sitting for several seconds on her own. We need to practice that more. I checked on her this morning and she was sleeping on her side. Super cute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So about this church thing I posted about yesterday. I really am intrigued about how churches can get their members involved. Believe me, I'm no expert. My perspective is limited which is why I'm always ready to here other point of view. I love one thing that is a joke at my chuch, but kinda serious in our church. If you mention an idea, you have volunteered yourself the chairperson of that activity. In other words don't come up with ideas other people can do, rather, do them yourself. If you see a need fill it. And if you try and no one comes, then you know why that wasn't happening before you came along... no one needed it. :)

Comments

Warren Baldwin said…
Took a quick look at your recent posts. Sorry about your illness.

About the joke - it really isn't funny, is it? That often happens at our church, too. Mention an idea and you are in charge of it!

There is a reason for that - there aren't enough people to do the work that needs to be done. So, when someone mentions an idea, who is going to take it and run with it?

My wife and I have started numerous programs at churches we have been at, and run them. There wasn't anyone else to, at least not for a while.

If a good idea comes to you for a church ministry, that may be God's nudging for you to take it and run with it.

I plan on posting about this soon.

wb

Popular posts from this blog

My second greatest creation!

DIY Day a bracelet and another Frenchh Memo Board

A New Side Table Arrangement and Jewelery Give Away