Update on Craig Smith and some other stuff
I wrote yesterday about Craig Smith a Music Ministry Leader who was in a serious car accident was not expected to survive the surgery meant to repair his colon damaged by his crushed pelvic bone. Good news, he did! He is now recovering but things are still pretty touchy as he is in pretty bad shaped. My mom had to have a similar surgery after her colon ruptured from a cut made from another surgery years ago. It was touch and go there for a while and my mom was very healthy which is not the case here as Craig is in quite bad shape. Thank you for your prayers. I will keep you updated.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On this Father's Day, I am sitting here writing on my lap top while Sarah naps in her swing and Dan naps on the couch. I have to say it is quite nice. Rather picturesque. I would get my camera but then I would have to move and I'm too comfy. Sarah got her daddy a tie (of course) a picture of her and her mommy in a cool frame, the matching frame for that frame for our coming up family pictures and then from Sunday school, she got him Baby Chedder Gold Fish. Of course she isn't old enough to share them with him so I went ahead and did that for her...yum.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is kinda random but my Ajax dish soap says it eliminates unseen food residue. How the heck to you prove whether that is true or not?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pastor, Todd, mentioned today that there is a church in Arizona that is only for those over 55. I can't imagine ever going there. I have daydreams of being known as Nana Katie to all the kids in my church. I think kids are just the best. College kids especially 'cause you can minister to them as they make that transition from child to adult and someday to having a family of their own. How do those ladies in that church live up to be a Titus woman? How do they mentor to the younger generations? I really try to be nonjudgemental especially on my blog because I think airing my negetive opinions is counter productive but that age limit sounds like a bunch of old scrooges to me. Then again I'm not 55 so what do I know about their perspective. On the subject of age segregation has any body noticed how churches are one of the last places where race segregation still exists? I don't mean to open a can of worms (or maybe I do) but it seems like the body of Christ should have been the first place segregation ended not the last.
Comments
As a father and minster, I can't imagine being at a church that didn't have children!!! I think it is good for you to want to be Nana Katie to all those other kids. My children have been richly blessed by other people in church through the years. Since we have moved away from home to minister with churches, we have needed to develope family right within the church. I appreciate your perspective. You and your husband will be a blessing to some minster's children. wb
Warren, thank you for your comment. I am going to think quite a bit on this age dynamic in churches more. I do have to say as I think back on my church experiences, the older generations seem to have a stronger presence and consideration in the two churches I've been to in Virginia. While in Arizona,the two churches there the children's church and college age were put before everyone else. At least from my perspective anyway. Interesting.