You've got it, now use it.

As our church focuses our Revival on Spiritual Warfare, I am so encouraged as I move forward in my walk with God. It has been so great to hear wonderful men after God's own heart speaking about following Jesus. I was on such a high last night, I imagine it was some what like when soldiers pump each other up before the go out to fight a major battle.

I think about the armor of God and how it applies to my everyday life. I think about how I can apply it to fighting Satan, keeping moving forward, running the race and not getting caught up. I mentioned my pastor's red truck that with a broken speedometer, it gives you false reading that when it says 90 miles an hour you could be going only twenty. Sometimes life is like that. I've known times when I thought I was growing for God at a good clip only to realize I was stagnate.

So how does it look to apply the armor of God? I've learned recently that there are three main weapons to fight against Satan's attacks; your very salvation, God's word and prayer. I imagine going to God praying scriptures regarding the truth about our salvation is like a nuclear bomb against Satan's attacks.

No matter what it is that Satan is attacking us with, a spirit of heaviness (false foreboding, a smoke screen), physical health (cancer, migraines, kidney stones, H1N1, IBS, hormones), emotional (hormones again, can I get an amen!), or a loss of a loved one or personal property, job loss, financial constraints, time constraints. God's word and talking to him whether it's requests, just lettin' go of your burden, or praise, especially praise, work together to fortify you for the battle.

I know I stand under God's protection of Salvation. Jesus died on the cross for me and Satan can't take that back. Come what may, I've got eternity with God. So whether, as Beth Moore said in the Daniel study, God will choose to deliver me from the fire, through the fire, or to the fire, but regardless of what way, I am never alone.

Scripture is key key key. Seriously, how do I fight an attack when Satan is bombarding my mind with false foreboding, when all I can think about is what would I do if I lost Dan or Sarah? How do I fight during the times when I am so angry at Dan I can feel the anger growing and surging? How do I fight Satan's attacks at 2am. Scripture! Read it, know it, quote it. I follow the God who changes times and season, deposes kings, establishes kings, he knows what lies in darkness and light dwells with him (Daniel 2). Worrying about our president? Say it out loud, God sets up leaders and deposes them. Worried about the future? "I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, not to harm you." (Jeremiah 29). Angry at your lame co'worker who seems to constantly be badgering you, your spouse, your in-laws, parents, neighbor? "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6). Never, never stop throwing Scripture at Satan.

Remember when Peter stould on the water keeping his eyes on Jesus? Storms come and you feel like your sinking just as Peter did when he took his eyes off of Jesus. So keep your eyes on Jesus. Thank Him that He is your Deliverer (Psalm 70:5), your Strength (Psalm 43:2), your Shield (Psalm 144:2), your Comfort (Romans 15:5), Strong Tower (Proverbs 18:10), Resting Place (Jeremiah 50:6). I remember once in college, I felt so discouraged by some bad grades, financial worries, a lack of time to study, some relationships that were stressed. Satan was coming at me from all sides. You know what I did? I stould on a bench in the grassy area at school and read out loud Psalm 18. Did I look crazy? Yes. Did Satan hear and cower at God's truth? You bet he did. I felt like I could have taken Goliath out after that. I stepped off the bench with the exact same circumstances but had a new attitude. Prayer and praising God works.

Know my dear dear readers, I think of you and I pray for you. I am thankful for you and I praise God for you. I weigh my words before God, my heart burdened that I not mislead you when I share what God shares with me and I am eager to share my life's happenings with you because of the love for you God is building in my heart. Know beloved you are loved by God and that by golly Satan can NEVER take away from you.

Comments

A quick note before I have to pick up smelly football boys. Teen boys at that! :)

I got your comment about me being a guest on your blog in a couple weeks or less now, please e-mail me if you want to talk more. I am open to doing that. What a sweet invitation. Tell me more!

stuart.tiffany@gmail.com
And I need to stop back by and read this post. Don't have time now. :(

Popular posts from this blog

My second greatest creation!

DIY Day a bracelet and another Frenchh Memo Board

A New Side Table Arrangement and Jewelery Give Away