Who's the good guy here, Palin or McCain?
I recently read an article about the book "Going Rogue" by Sarah Palin. There are people that claim her accounts of past events leave out facts and others are twisted. Apparently she saw things happen one way and they saw it happen another.
Isn't it interesting that they saw it in a way that makes them look good and Palin remembers it in a way that makes her look good?
If you thought this was going to be a political post, it isn't. Thank goodness, I like controversy, but not that kind.
My thoughts about it lie more with us, everyone, anybody who has had a contradictory memory to past events than someone else. Hubby and I talked about this last night. Over the last few months I have had conversations with different people some just conversationally, some were conflict where we didn't remember things the same way. Hubby and I rarely remember things the same way :). Differing points of view Biblically contributes to the area of study called apologetics I believe.
Anyway, I tried to challenge myself last night to look at past events that have come up recently in a way that doesn't make me look like the good guy, the innocent, the victim what ever you want to call it. You know, with perceptions, preconceived, and what not, I can see that at times I've come off as if I had ill intentions or a bad attitude. I thought back to my pregnancy and trust me, it was hard, difficult, not so fun. Two admissions into the hospital partial bed rest for the first and third trimester, I was no happy camper. My mom had to keep reminding me that I needed to have a better attitude because it was all worth it. She was right.
None the less, I look back and realize I didn't act all the time like the good guy, I'm no victim, never been one and don't plant to become one. I do realize though, just like Sarah Palin and the McCain party that there are always many many sides to everything. No one escapes the memory trap of forgetting details others remember. My goal is to remember that in the very least if I forget anything else. I'm no good gal all the time.
Niether Palin or McCain come off to me as being victims. I laugh at the thought, they are just like us prone to remember things differently. No one can be the good guy all the time.
Isn't it interesting that they saw it in a way that makes them look good and Palin remembers it in a way that makes her look good?
If you thought this was going to be a political post, it isn't. Thank goodness, I like controversy, but not that kind.
My thoughts about it lie more with us, everyone, anybody who has had a contradictory memory to past events than someone else. Hubby and I talked about this last night. Over the last few months I have had conversations with different people some just conversationally, some were conflict where we didn't remember things the same way. Hubby and I rarely remember things the same way :). Differing points of view Biblically contributes to the area of study called apologetics I believe.
Anyway, I tried to challenge myself last night to look at past events that have come up recently in a way that doesn't make me look like the good guy, the innocent, the victim what ever you want to call it. You know, with perceptions, preconceived, and what not, I can see that at times I've come off as if I had ill intentions or a bad attitude. I thought back to my pregnancy and trust me, it was hard, difficult, not so fun. Two admissions into the hospital partial bed rest for the first and third trimester, I was no happy camper. My mom had to keep reminding me that I needed to have a better attitude because it was all worth it. She was right.
None the less, I look back and realize I didn't act all the time like the good guy, I'm no victim, never been one and don't plant to become one. I do realize though, just like Sarah Palin and the McCain party that there are always many many sides to everything. No one escapes the memory trap of forgetting details others remember. My goal is to remember that in the very least if I forget anything else. I'm no good gal all the time.
Niether Palin or McCain come off to me as being victims. I laugh at the thought, they are just like us prone to remember things differently. No one can be the good guy all the time.
Comments