Miss Wiggles update

Miss Wiggles has succesfully wrapped me around her little finger. She makes me laugh like a child, make faces like a crazy person, worry like...well, a mother. So far in her nine months she has spiked a significant fever, one 105, the other very near it. Both came back with a false postive for a UTI, both had evidence in testing of an infection somewhere. She is fine now, happy as a clam. Miss Wiggles did get an ultra sound though and while everything looked like it was flowing smoothly, the kidneys while both in the normal range were different sizes. One was smaller than the other. So, in January, we are off to see a Urologist (did I spell that right? I'm so not McKMamma in all her precise medical date).

In six months or so, we will have to go in for another ultra sound to see if both are growing at a normal rate. Its all just normal and fine but, boy, that doesn't stop a mom from worrying does it? Mommy guilt and Mommy worry are as much my constant companions as my two big toes. Seriously, I am having to give her up to God constantly trying to remind myself He is in charge, especially now that she is cruising along furniture. Whew, at least she isn't driving yet.

We would love your prayers that all is well. It would be much appreciated.

Comments

Lily said…
My oldest IS driving now, and I hate to say it-- but it just doesn't stop. The worry. The guilt. The frustration and the absolute pride when you see them doing something amazing. Being a mom is tough stuff!! No one ever told me that I would cry my eyes out, get in touch with my inner mama tiger, worry until my hair (literally) turned gray and fall flat on my face in prayer on a regular basis for these children! And at the same time, every day, I find myself thanking God that He allowed me to be a part of their lives. They are all four such blessings to me. And each and every day, God shows me some nugget of His truth through my relationship with my own children.
Jim said…
Our Katie within the first week we had her home had a temperature of 102. Of course we took her to a clinic where the doctor told us, without tests, that she probably just had a cold. He was more interested in some development issues.

Later her temperature raised to 105 and we rushed her to the emergency room. In Northern Va they have a pediatrician on call. I'm not sure who it was more traumatic for -- me or her.

Now she's for and is fighting with me over who is going to drive today. I have to win this battle for a while.

Popular posts from this blog

My second greatest creation!

DIY Day a bracelet and another Frenchh Memo Board

A New Side Table Arrangement and Jewelery Give Away