Finally some pictures!

My first attempt at decorating a mantle. The plant to the far right is gift from my MIL and the light hous painting is a gift from a friend many years ago.
This is my kitchen. These pictures of course aren't that great but I kind of am ok with that because that will make the before and after that much more fun. We are getting new counter tops and you can see how worn the cabinets are. Hubby is looking into how to fix that. Gotta love the windows all the way to the floor lots of light and of course Leo the cat loves that.


Oh how far my office has to go. Hubby is going to make me a shelf to help organize. I seriously need all the help I can get. Paint, curtains, a rug and a shelf and I will be in action. I really don't know what color to paint in here. There will be no painting the furniture white however. I don't know if I have told you the story of that desk table there. Its a good one but I'll save it for later.

The family room of course is in full swing use. I've baby proofed that puppy and am quite happy about that. If you look behind the tv. you can see that there is a smattering of paint. I saw that paint there and said no way. We are now going with a pale blue. Still looking for the right shade.



You know, I never though a dining room would be a big deal. Well, I was wrong and I'm liking mine. The rug is grey blue and chocolate brown. The bottom is the khaki and the top will be the blue. I'm hoping for some fake rough woven silk curtains here.


I am working on a better pick of Hubby's library now that it is done. This is our evening hang out. There is a leather chair and a blue micro fiber chair with a desk and three book cases. No word on a rug for in here. Hubby gets to pick that out.
I am excited to say that we have the go ahead to paint all the trim white and there will be no painting back. Thank goodness. Many people think we are nuts for putting so much work into a rental. You know, we are just like that, we are neurotic nesters I think. I already spent over two hours on the kitchen floor today part of that was with a tooth brush. No more tooth brush though, I'm buying a scrubber to finish the job. After I give the bathroom floors another go I will seal the grout and then put a coat of wax (mop and glow) on the kitchen floor. I still need to clean the wood floors. There is a lot to do. You know I do this to myself. I want to get as much done before Feb. because then I have to get back to working on building my business and training to be a Child Advocate again.
I am excited to say I went to Bible Study today and childcare was provided. That was awesome. Then Miss Wiggles took and hour nap, was awake for an hour and then took a two and a half hour nap. She was then awake for an hour and went to bed. I knew the teething was going to catch up with her eventually. Her 'tude was so bad today I was contemplating putting an add on Craigslist. Being a mom is such an incredible blessing, I worked so hard to get here. I have to say its the biggest blessing and biggest challenge all rolled into one. I have a picture frame of her smiling with three different smiles. I laugh every time I look at it. I'm ready for a break when I'm with her but then can't stop thinking about her and want to be with her. Crazy love, crazy love.






Comments

Kathy C. said…
Katie, I loved the tour of your home! :) I like your dining room rug, I have a blue and brown color stream that flows through a lot of my house. I want to suggest a color since you said a pale blue in your family room, I have a color called "cloudy day" in 2 rooms, it's a really nice blue, doesn't look like a baby's room, lol and looks great in any light and with brown! :)
It's fun to fix up a new home, looking forward to seeing your new counters.
Anonymous said…
It's so nice to see where you live now....where's my guest room?!!!

Popular posts from this blog

My second greatest creation!

DIY Day a bracelet and another Frenchh Memo Board

A New Side Table Arrangement and Jewelery Give Away