Miss Wiggles, a Before and After (or almost after, more in the process really) and a giveaway!
Before we get to the before and after (or in the process of) pictures I want to share with you a different sort of before and after. We all love a good before and after I'm sure. Well, this morning in Bible Study we wrapped up our study into the book of Ruth. We delved into Naomi and her before and after story. There is a woman who went from hopeless to blessed among women. After her husband and two sons died she even changed her name to reflect her devastated state. By the end of the book however she was full beyond measure holding her grandson and praising the Lord. That isn't even the final after. Her grandson is the grandfather of King David, one of the greatest grandfathers of Jesus. Leave it to God to go above and beyond expectation in His redeeming story. We also were made aware of the only four women mentioned in the geneology of Jesus in Matthew chapter one; an adulteress, a prostitute, a foreigner and a woman who concieved her son via her father in law. Now don't tell me that after knowing that you can ever say you are to far gone for God's redeeming and saving grace. Oh, no there is nothing to far gone for Jesus. Amen!
Ok, one more thing before we go to the house stuff. Isn't she just awesome?! Miss Wiggles walked back and forth across our family room with her little walker/four wheeler. She was lovin' the independence (well accept when I had to turn them around to go the other way. ;) My Baby Girl is working on teeth 5 and 6, the first of the top ones so she is a little out of it. Its tough being almost one.
The walls are a nice country/spa green. Maybe that is kind of hard to see in the pictures. Soon a new shelf will be added to make this more organized and the trim will be white. This pic here however is still an improvement from before.
This is my a close up of my desk. I'll get a better one later. I just put that light up there, decorated the cork board. The shell from Nags Head North Carolina is my card holder, the tiny easel and painting of the nest is by Andrea Danner-Schultz. The neat little metal pale is from Target for my tools. That black tray holds jewelry I am working on. The actual desk is an old oak JC Penney's display table from the 1920's refinished by my dad (who used to work at JC Penney's but not in the 1920's).
This display here is just storage space for things made a bit prettier and decorative. Candles are a great addition anywhere. That is Momma cat hand painted from Rocky Point, Mexico. She has two kittens but I didn't get a good picture of them. I'll work on that as well.
This cork board hangs by the door. The gift back is hung just right so I can put in mail, papers yet to be filed or dealt with, etc.
These three amigos hang right next to my desk because, well, I make jewelry so mirrors are so totally necessary.
A Beach Cottage is having a Coastal Living Magazine giveaway. Go check it out...or don't 'cause that would mean more chances for me. :)
Just for the record this is the pic of Sarah's beach bag at the beach she lives RIGHT next to there at her Australia beach cottage. I'm so jealous.
Comments