Dear Captain Wiggles




Dear Captain Wiggles,

Today was the first day you walked away from me and you took a piece of my heart with you. Tears in my eyes and a new hurt in my heart, I watched you let go of my hand and walk away. We were walking together and then there you were all on your own.

Slowly but surely, and faster than I care for it to happen, you will take more and more steps away from me. I will do my best to be your coach and your cheerleader but don't forget I have a mommy heart. So while I teach you to walk without me and praise you when you do, in my heart I will have tears and it will break a little bit more. I will hide my tears as best I can that they not burden you but rather I will let them fuel my fervent prayers that as you walk away from me you walk closer to Jesus.

Do know that when the way is not clear and you are unsure or just need the comfort, my hand is always here open in waiting. And for always, while you hold one hand look over, Jesus is holding the other guiding us both on our way.

Love you always,
Mommy

Comments

Grammie said…
Oh my dear Daughter, I am afraid this is just the first of letting go. I love you and know just how you feel.

Love, Mom
You are so going to cry the first day of school! :) She'll come back when she walks away, but she'll do more walking away than coming back. (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) I love you my sister.
Warren Baldwin said…
Cheryl hasn't read this post yet but she did the note you sent to me with your book summary. She thought it was touching. Marriage and parenting is a series of transitions, some of 'em tough ones. But, God always gets us through.

Your guest post is up today. It was good. In fact, yours is the very first one. Thanks for participating.

If you want to post a notice about it, you can even invite your readers to participate in it. Thanks,
wb

Popular posts from this blog

My second greatest creation!

DIY Day a bracelet and another Frenchh Memo Board

A New Side Table Arrangement and Jewelery Give Away