DIY: Maken' my own bling!

I am kicken' my weekend off early joining the party over at Fingerprints on the Fridge with Rachel and the gang. Come on over and feature your own handy work or peruse the the handy work of others for ideas for yourself.


The only thing better than buying cute jewelry is making it so this week while watching reruns of my favorite show, Ghost Whisper (I love Melinda Gordan's hair), I made myself some cluster rings. I would love to sell them eventually but need to get my skill sharpened a bit.

Well, here are some of my super fun pearl cluster rings.



I love OPI finger nail polishes. They always have such cute names so I thought, hey why not name jewelry too. This beauty is "Eggs All in One Basket"; I used a nontarnishing silver wire and wrapped several strands of wire for the band then added nine pink fresh water potato pearls and then wrapped the remainder of the wire for this basket look.


This similar ring with seven pearls is "Sweet Tooth".

"Olives in my Gin&Tonic" with seven olive fresh water potato pearls.




Well, that last one isn't pearls obviously but this cute little stone with its pretty little speckles just screams make me a nest! So, duh, that is exactly what I did! That isn't the silver wire if you didn't notice it already. That particular wire is something special for me from my paternal grandmother. Before she passed away, she gave me a bunch of random things from an old sewing box. I still have the lace, thimble and threader. Treasured items. Priceless.

Comments

Sharon said…
Oh, I love these!!! All of them! Oh, what fun!!! And love the idea of naming them! You go, girl! I'm totally impressed! And yes, you should truly, truly sell them!
Rachelle said…
VERY cute. I love the pink one!! :)
willowbird35 said…
The pink pearl one is gorgeous!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Egg all in one basket ring. I would totally buy it!!!
Unknown said…
These are very neat! I love them all. I enjoyed reading your mini bio. You have an inspiring and upbeat outlook!

Have a blessed day,

Nancy
Unknown said…
Love the rings,especially the pink one!

Popular posts from this blog

My second greatest creation!

DIY Day a bracelet and another Frenchh Memo Board

A New Side Table Arrangement and Jewelery Give Away