Mother's Day confession

I realize there are people out there that don't like Mother's Day or Father's Day for what ever reason those people have. I respect their opinion (as long as they aren't my husband or children.)

Some moms are so wonderful, humble and awesome they don't expect anything and wouldn't talk about Mother's Day or even think about getting recognition.

Well, shoot! I'm not one of those awesome moms. I want Mother's Day. Call me crazy, but to me its like a second Birthday only I get to share it with other moms. I'm not so much a fan of my Birthday because it IS all about me, but a day all about me that is shared with other moms having a day all about them is much more up my alley.

I just read this article at lilsugar that has inspired my selfish side to let lose a bit. I don't hint to my hubby what I want just for the record. I like surprises so hinting would make it to easy. Just for the record, I'm a hypocrite. I don't normally like presents but from Hubby I do. I love presents from Hubby. So anyway, here is what I want for Mother's Day (shameless I know).

Like Jen, I want a whole spa day.
I want to go to the beach with Hubby and Captain Wiggles.
Hubby to take me clothes shopping. I love it when he goes with me.
To be surprised with a visit from my mom and sisters and their kids.

Oh. Well, now that I'm thinking of things, thats it. Thats all I want. I already go to the beach with my family. I just saw my sisters, Mom, and all the kiddoes a few weeks ago though no time is every enough. So new clothes and a spa day. Mmmh well, that isn't original. Any woman on any given day wants that.

Anyway, I'm just thankful to be able to participate period in Mother's Day. We are thinking about Baby #2 and it reminds me how hard it was to get to #1 which is actually #3 for the record.

Speaking up Captain Wiggles, I just put away her high chair today. There are now three chairs at the table. She did very good with her own little plate in her booster seat. I now REALLY OFFICIALLY have a toddler. She repeats everything I do and say and takes me reading her Nemo book very seriously.

Downloading pictures tonight. Should have some up for tomorrow. Fun Fun

Comments

Warren Baldwin said…
Neat post. Just stopping by to say "hello."
Laurel said…
So glad you stopped by my blog today and left a comment. I look forward to reading more of yours.


Laurel :)

Popular posts from this blog

My second greatest creation!

DIY Day a bracelet and another Frenchh Memo Board

A New Side Table Arrangement and Jewelery Give Away