18th Annual ACC Gala
Update: For the record, just want you to know Gaila's name isn't spelled that way. It is Gala. Yes she has heard all the one liners I'm sure she can handle (umh, mostly from me). Having been at a gala last night, I'm sure every person there made the comparison. She's so sweet though, I'm sure she didn't mind. She's just cool that way.
Last night Hubby and I attended the 18th Annual Salute to ACC, Air Combat Command at Langley Air Force Base (ACC is at Langley, not the event) :)
Last night was a great evening mostly for me because it was a time to socialize in an adult setting with no children around. I had a great time talking with Hubby's colleagues as well as talking up several military member's spouses. Well, enough chit chat, here are pictures to tell a better story than me.
Hubby and I cut quite the dashing couple I'm a thinkin'. Isn't he handsome? See that bracelet there? Thank you Chloe for lending me your beautiful pearl and flourite six strand bracelet. I received many compliments and inquiries about the bracelet.
Now for the moment I literally had tears filling my star filled eyes. This gentlemen pictured here with Hubby and I is Ezra M. Hill Sr. one of the honored Tuskegee Airmen. Mr. Hill was one of the first African American pilots. He honored us with his singing our National Anthem. I will not soon forget. I wish I could forget what a goof I was in mentioning to him that had I a choice I would like to meet him over Brad Pitt any day. Yeah, like I said, goof.
These gorgeous ladies are in no way related. Crazy right? We totally look like sisters. Well, Gaila and I sat at the same table last night. She mentioned that I looked familiar and we figured out that we are both Facebook friends and friends in real life with a cuter than cute gal named Jennie so we see each other on our Facebook pages when we both comment on Jennie's status. Now that my blogger world friends is CAARAAZEE! Then I, in total dork style, asked if I could take a picture with her so I could share this crazy story with you all. Gaila agreed because she is cool like that. Then there you have it, we looked at the pic of us and both realized, geez, we are like twins or somethin'. So that is why I looked so familiar to Gaila. Well, I couldn't have picked a more gorgeous woman to look like. You should have seen the amazing ring she wore, rhinestones set in a floral pattern. That girl's got style ya'll.So that is that. We listened to awesome music, had great conversation, met cool people and looked great doing it. Umh, accept I had to put my cardi on because my bra kept showing. Minor glitch though.
Love ya,
Katie
Comments
xx