Resources for Diving Deeper into the Word; My Journey
As followers of Christ Jesus, most assuredly when we decide to challenge the norm, dig deeper in the word and incline the listenings of our heart toward the Holy Spirit and all He has to teach us, Satan will not like it. That is actually an understatement. I know that in the times when God is revealing "deep and hidden things" as Daniel put it, the circumstances around me grow less pleasant. Wiggles will get irritable, miscommunications become less fixable with Hubby, my own health declines, I get moody (which happens more than I care to admit), temptations arise, you get the the point. I have to very seriously put ink to prayer journal at times like these, shed some tears and press on.
So press on I will do. :)
Recently a friend introduced me to an awesome website, Blue Letter Bible. I am really loving the verse by verse commentary plus the more over arching commentary as well as the Greek and Hebrew words. There is a lot more than that but I am pretty new to this site and am still learning more about it.
I'm telling you straight up. We are all, Christ followers, personally accountable for learning God's Words. Having Miss Wiggles has really helped me jump start my drive to know the Word. I can't teach her what I don't know. Building the foundation of my knowledge then submitting to God to give me the wisdom and discernment to understand it and apply it is key. I can't apply what I don't know and I won't know until I read it. If I don't understand it then I seek out the answer through commentaries, pastors, Bing and Google. :) When I do that though, I make sure I only look at things on sites I know I can trust. If I want to know more about the role of women in the church, I'm not going to choose Yahoo Answers (that name is apropos) but I would trust Moody Bible Institute, South Eastern Seminary, James Dobson, etc. if they came up. The website, Bible Gateway is a good site for all of its different translations of the Bible. If you don't have a Bible with you but you do have the Internet, Bible Gateway is a great place to go.
One thing I am want to tackle is 1 Timothy 2 in regards to women. I am really trying to be open but that isn't always easy. I am praying through it and reading all the different opinions I can and again praying through it. I found this site recently, Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry. I need to look into it more before I add it to my reliable sources list, but so far it seems good.
So press on I will do. :)
Recently a friend introduced me to an awesome website, Blue Letter Bible. I am really loving the verse by verse commentary plus the more over arching commentary as well as the Greek and Hebrew words. There is a lot more than that but I am pretty new to this site and am still learning more about it.
I'm telling you straight up. We are all, Christ followers, personally accountable for learning God's Words. Having Miss Wiggles has really helped me jump start my drive to know the Word. I can't teach her what I don't know. Building the foundation of my knowledge then submitting to God to give me the wisdom and discernment to understand it and apply it is key. I can't apply what I don't know and I won't know until I read it. If I don't understand it then I seek out the answer through commentaries, pastors, Bing and Google. :) When I do that though, I make sure I only look at things on sites I know I can trust. If I want to know more about the role of women in the church, I'm not going to choose Yahoo Answers (that name is apropos) but I would trust Moody Bible Institute, South Eastern Seminary, James Dobson, etc. if they came up. The website, Bible Gateway is a good site for all of its different translations of the Bible. If you don't have a Bible with you but you do have the Internet, Bible Gateway is a great place to go.
One thing I am want to tackle is 1 Timothy 2 in regards to women. I am really trying to be open but that isn't always easy. I am praying through it and reading all the different opinions I can and again praying through it. I found this site recently, Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry. I need to look into it more before I add it to my reliable sources list, but so far it seems good.
Comments
Actually, I have blueletterbible open as we speak. I've been there all morning. :) Digging deeper into the word gives me Life, saves my sanity, refuels, renews, refreshes, and revives! It keeps me OUT of so much trouble!
And sadly, yes, there is so much that tries to distract. It's only by determinated will that I keep refocusing myself to what enthralls me!
Love you, friend! And your Miss Wiggles. Just know that right now you have somewhat control of her wiggling. When your Wiggles gets my wiggles' ages... they wiggle off to where you can't see them. Then, dear child, texting and cell phones come in very handy! I love my babes!!!! I've got great ones!!!
nicole visiting from
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/